recipe and image via Cooking Light
You can substite arugula for watercress, if you like. The soup can be served warm or chilled. If you are re-heating, be careful not to boil so buttermilk does not curdle.
½ cup chopped leek
½ cup chopped celery
5 cups chopped zucchini (1 ¼ lbs)
1 14 oz can chicken broth (or veg broth)
1 cup buttermilk
½ ts salt
¼ ts freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat large saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan w/ cooking spray.
2. Add leek & celery; saute 4 minutes.
3. Add zucchini; saute 5 minutes.
4. Add broth; bring to boil. Partially cover, reduce heat; simmer 20 mins (until zucchini is tender).
5. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
6. Use immersion blender & process until smooth.
7. Stir in buttermilk, salt and pepper.
½ cup arugula or watercress leaves
2 TB grated fresh parmesan cheese
1 TB pine nuts
1 TB fresh lemon juice
1 – 2 TB water
1 ½ ts extra virgin olive oil
1. Process all ingredients until smooth, adding water as necessary.
2. Drizzle over soup.
Yield: 4 servings