2 tablespoons butter
1 cup thinly sliced leek
1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
2 tablespoons dry white wine|
3 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled celeriac (about 3/4 lb.)
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 3/4 cups cooked wild rice
2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
1. Melt butter in large pan over medium heat. Add leek & carrot; cover & cook 5 minutes.
2. Uncover & cook 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
3. Add celeriac, broth, 1 cup water, salt, & pepper; bring to boil. Cover & cook 10 minutes, until celeriac is tender.
4. Blend mixtures with immersion blender until smooth.
5. Add wild rice; cook 15 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with chives.