The subsidized share program is a way to make fresh, organic, local produce available to those with limited incomes.
Every year, we sell vegetable shares at a significantly reduced price to those who qualify. Anyone can apply for a subsidized share, and all applications are reviewed anonymously by our board. The enrollment period typically runs from January through March each year.
The regular cost of a Summer/Fall Vegetable Share is $570; a subsidized share is $276 for a full share (weekly) or $138 for a half share (biweekly).
The regular cost of a Summer/Fall Fruit Share is $96; a subsidized share is $46 for a full share (weekly) or $23 for a half share (biweekly).
Este video explica nuestro programa de verduras organicas que ofrecemos a mitad de precio.
FACTS ABOUT SUBSIDY SHARES
- Members with subsidized shares have the same benefits, responsibilities, and risks as the general CSA membership. Please read our How It Works page and become familiar with what Community Shared Agriculture (CSA) is all about.
- Subsidized shares can be paid in installments or as a lump sum.
- Members can pick up their share boxes at Sunnyside Community Services Thursdays between 5 and 8pm.
- All members are required to fulfill the volunteer requirement. This usually means working 4 hours (two shifts) per season at our pickups. Without volunteers, our program cannot run.
- You assume the rewards and risks of the growing season. Some seasons produce more food, while other seasons are affected by erratic weather. Our farmers do the best job they can, and we support them no matter what happens.
View and download our subsidized guidelines here.