Summer Pickup Procedures
Please read all procedures carefully. These are to keep everyone safe and pickups running smoothly.
Pickup is Thursdays from 4:00-7:00pm
Pickup times are due to current NYC Pause restrictions. Please be aware these time may change due to updates from the city. We will notify all members ASAP of any changes.
If you are currently affected by COVID, please have someone else claim your shares, or contact us immediately to arrange other options to get your shares to you. DO NOT come to the pickup site if you are sick, or experiencing any symptoms.
Before You Leave Home
The following items are required for pickup:
- A facemask, worn at all times
- Your own bags or containers to carry shares home
- A note with the primary shareholder’s name and shares (this is to limit conversation between members and volunteers). Another option is to have this displayed as a photo on your phone.
- Please only have one person from your household come to pickup.
We will not be using the main SCS door or traditional pickup space for now. Instead, walk a few yards down to the door where a CSA volunteer will be with a clipboard.
- If there is a line, distance 6ft from the person in front of you.
- When you get to the volunteer with the clipboard at the front of the line, hold up your sign indicating name and shares needed. If you split a share, be sure to indicate that as well.
- The volunteer will direct you to 1 of 3 tables. This is where your shares will be brought out and set for you to take home. Please wait a safe distance until your shares are brought out.
- After your shares are set on the table, transfer to your bag, flatten the box, and leave on the rolling cart as usual.
- A volunteer will then sanitize the table for the next member to collect their shares.
If you need help with any part of the process ask a volunteer. This will be new to all of us, so patience is key!
To follow safety protocols and overall member feedback, we are updating volunteer shifts to 1 2hr and 1 4hr sessions in August. This means if you sign up for a 4hr shift it will be from truck unload to cleanup (2-6pm), and this single shift will be all you need for the season.
We have added shifts through the end of the season, and we will be going back to our normal shift schedule of 1 hour truck shifts and 2 2hr distribution shifts starting September! These will each be counted as 1 shift, so keep in mind that you must complete 2 shifts for the summer season, if you have not already completed your requirement.