2 1/2 pounds green or golden zucchini, shredded
2 large eggs
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup dry unseasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 bunch scallions with 2-inch of green, slivered
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint (or 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram)
salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Shred zucchini on the large holes of a grater or in a food processor. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl mix together eggs, feta cheese, breadcrumbs, flour, scallions, garlic, parsley, mint, salt and pepper.
3. Quickly rinse the zucchini, then using your hands or a towel, squeeze out the excess liquid. Add to the batter.
4. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
5. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet. Drop in the batter, using 1/4 cup for a 4-inch griddle cake. Fry over medium heat until golden brown on the bottom, about 4 minutes. Turn and brown the second side. Keep the fried pancakes warm in the oven while you fry the remaining batter, adding more oil if needed.
Yield: approx. 19 pancakes (6 to 8 servings)