1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup lowfat plain yogurt
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Grease a 12 muffin tin or line it with paper baking cups.
3. In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar and baking soda. Toss the strawberries with the flour mixture.
4. In another bowl, stir together eggs, yogurt, melted butter and vanilla until blended.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir until the flour is just moistened. The batter will be lumpy.
6. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
Yields 12 muffins.