Aaannndddd we’re off!! Who’s excited for their first box of the season? 🙋🏾♀️🙋♂️🙋🏻♀️🙋🏽♂️ A few reminders since it’s the first delivery:
- Pickups are Thursdays at Sunnyside Community Services from 5-8pm.
- Any boxes not picked up by 8pm will be donated to SCS.
- Check out Golden Earthworm Organic Farm CSA on their website or Facebook for more recipes. (Or sign up for their email!)
- All vegetables, all season long, should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge (unless otherwise noted below).
- If you haven’t signed up for your volunteer shifts yet, please do so now!
Here’s what’s in the box for July 6th:
Mustard Greens Salad Mix – A mix of 11 different greens, hand selected by the Golden Earthworm farmer. Use within 5 days.
Boston (Butter) Lettuce – Use dressing lightly, these are soft, tender greens. Use within a week.
Bunched Red Kale – Kale Tip #1: remove the stem! Use in a soup if you want, but your salad will be much tastier without it. Use within a week.
French Breakfast Radishes – Try the radish with butter and salt, cook the tops in a stir fry! Use within 5 days.
Bok Choi – The whole thing is edible – leaf and stem. Perfect braised, sautéed or gently steamed. Use within 5 days.