Tomorrow is our first week of special shares and Lewis Waite for the season! And we’re one week in on vegetable shares. Thanks to everyone who came and helped out last week, and worked with us through our first-week glitches. 🙂
As a reminder:
- Pickups are Thursdays at Sunnyside Community Services from 5-8pm.
- Any items not picked up by 8pm will be donated to SCS.
- Check out Golden Earthworm Organic Farm CSA on their website or Facebook for more recipes. (Or sign up for their email!)
- All vegetables, all season long, should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge (unless otherwise noted below).
- If you haven’t signed up for your volunteer shifts yet, please do so now!
Here’s the vegetables for tomorrow:
Baby Arugula – Be careful not to bruise the leaves–wash gently and dress lightly immediately before eating to avoid soggy greens. Use within 3 days.
Scallions – Great in stir-fry, scrambled eggs or sautéed with butter. Use within 5 days.
Garlic Scapes – Don’t eat the flower at the top, but the rest is delicious. Like asparagus and garlic had a baby. Use within 5 days.
Boston (Butter) Lettuce – Another week of this tender lettuce (next week will be the last for the season). Use within a week.
Toscano Kale – Also known as dinosaur or lacinato kale. They hold up well and are great for kale chips. Use within a week.
French Breakfast Radishes – Try the radish with butter and salt, cook the tops in a stir fry! Use within 5 days.
Bok Choi – The whole thing is edible – leaf and stem. Perfect braised, sautéed or gently steamed. Use within 5 days.