This adapted Michael Chiarello recipe is, as my husband puts it, a great mid-week dinner. -Jessica
8-10 (or more if you feel like it) raw deviened shrimp
2 chopped garlic clove
1/2 med. onion chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
3/4 can of white beans drained and rinsed (or use dried and soaked)
1-2 tablespoons lime juice
crushed hot red pepper
fresh whole basil leaves
hot cooked pasta ( I made with whole wheat cork screws) to serve 4
1. Heat a generous amount of olive oil in pan on medium heat. You want enough that the whole pan is covered well. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and then put in pan and cook thru, turning frequently for about 2 minutes. Remove from pan and put aside.
2. Sometime before or after the shrimp are cooked put beans in bowl with some water and a little oil and microwave (probably about 1 minute and 30 seconds) till hot and set aside was well.
3. Throw onions and garlic in same pan with oil you cooked shrimp in and saute till almost soft.
4. Add cherry tomatoes, crushed red pepper, lemon/lime juice, salt and pepper to taste, basil and saute for a couple minutes.
5. Add warm beans and mix briefly on heat.
6. Pour over hot pasta, adding shrimp and toss together.
7. Sprinkle with parsley and cheese (if you dare to break Italian tradition and put cheese on a seafood pasta dish) and serve!