Recipe via Elizabeth Schneider
1/3-1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves, not packed
3 T lemon juice
3 T corn oil
2 T peanut oil
1 T honey
1/4-1/2 ts salt
1 very sm ice cube
1 tiny chili pepper, minced
1. Combine cilantro, lemon juice, oils, honey, salt, and ice in processor; whirl to puree.
2. Add minced hot pepper, adjusting to heat you prefer.
3. Pour over salad. (Use any greens; include avocado & grapefruit for a luxurious twist.)
Recipe and image via Rockin Robin
How can you not love a recipe by someone named “Rockin Robin”?
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup basmati rice**
1 1/2 cups chicken or veg broth
2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
zest from one lime
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1. Add the oil to a sauce pan and heat on low. Add the garlic and rice to the oil and saute for 2 minutes on medium heat stirring frequently.
2. Add the broth, salt, lime juice and bring to a boil. Cover and cook on low for 15 minutes or according to rice package directions.
3. When the rice is done, add lime zest and chopped cilantro and stir to mix in. Serve immediately.
**If you are using regular long grain rice, follow the cooking directions on the box regarding the amount of liquid to use and the cooking time.
So bright and clean is
Golden Earthworm’s cilantro.
It’s no contest, friends.