recipe via mealbymeal
2 TB olive oil
3 cloves of garlic; 2 chopped, 1 whole
1 bunch swiss chard, stems and leaves separated, chopped small
½ lb stale bread or Rock Hill farmbread
2 oz Gruyere, grated
1 oz Parmesan, grated
Salt & freshly ground blk pepper
2 TS fresh thyme leaves
2 TS fresh rosemary, chopped
4 large eggs
½ ts salt
2 cups low-fat milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 350.
2. Add 1 TB olive oil and 2 chopped garlic cloves to large skillet over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add swiss chard stems and saute for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add chopped swiss chard leaves and cook until wilted. Season w/salt & pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Oil a 2 qt baking dish or gratin
4. Rub bread slices w/whole garlic clove
5. Place ½ of the bread in the baking dish and top w/half of the stems and greens mixture. Add thyme
and rosemary. Add ½ the cheese. Repeat layers
6. Beat eggs and milk. Add ½ ts salt and blk pepper.
7. Pour egg mixture over bread and greens
8. Bake 40 – 50 minutes. Serve hot.