For all you picnickers out there…..
recipe via chow.com
Yield 2-3 servings
1.5 lbs cubed kohlrabi (approx 4 medium kohlrabi)
1 medium celery stalk, diced
¼ medium red onion, diced
¼ c. mayonnaise
2 TB fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
1 TB whole grain mustard
1.5 ts cider vinegar
1.5 ts honey
1. Place kohlrabi in medium pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Once boiling, reduce to medium low and simmer until kohlrabi is tender with a few pieces
breaking off at the edges – approximately 15 minutes
3. Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Refigerate while
4. Drain Kohlrabi when done and add to mayonnaise mixture. Stir until well coated.
5. Cover and refrigerate until cold, approx 2 hours.