We now have a fishmonger! The owners of Village Fishmonger are committed to bringing responsibly harvested seafood to consumers from trusted suppliers… and that’s why we are proud to work with them. Beginning October 10th, Sunnyside CSA will offer weekly fish shares. Our schedule is exactly 8 weeks thru Dec. 5th. You can choose a 1lb. or 2lb. weekly share, plus weekly add-ons, and a la carte items. Low-mercury, allergy-sensitive, and Kosher options are available too. You can sign up any time, and you’ll be prorated for deliveries until the end of the season. Note that, during this first season, only those households with weekly fish shares can order a la carte items.
To sign up for a weekly fish share:
1) Go to the Village Fishmonger Farmingo page
2) Choose your pick-up location, in this case, Sunnyside CSA.
3) Choose from these 2 share sizes:
* Small Share – ~1lb fish per distribution, which will comfortably feed a family of 2 for 1 meal. Deliveries for 8 weeks x $15 per week = $120.
* Medium Share – ~2lb fish per distribution, which will comfortably feed a family of 2 for 2 meals. Deliveries for 8 weeks x $30 per week = $240.
4) Choose your weekly Add-Ons: You have the ability to add the following to your weekly distribution: Clams, Oysters, Scallops, Lobsters
5) Choose the Summer CSA members ONLY payment plan
6) You will need to then create a Farmigo account to continue with the sign-up process.
7) For payment, please choose the one time payment with a debit or credit card.
In sign-up comments box, note any allergies (shellfish) or dietary restrictions (low mercury for expectant and nursing mothers, kosher for those who would like to eliminate non-kosher fish from their shares).
8) Go to our pick-up on the delivery date and get your food. During the Summer, deliveries are every week at the same time and place as the vegetable share.
9) For a la carte ordering, the store is accessed through the Village Fishmonger website.
You can also access the link to manage your Farmigo account there as well in ‘my account’.
– ORDER DEADLINES for A La Carte Fish and Seafood is Midnight the Monday before delivery. Sorry, during this first season, only those households with weekly fish shares can order a la carte items.
– If you do not pick up your fish share during the distribution time, it will be forfeited and donated.
– If you need to sell your fish shares, you must notify Village Fishmonger. There are absolutely no refunds for canceled shares.
Questions? Contact Us!