Please DO NOT be late; a delay could cause our farm’s delivery person to get behind schedule. Please note this shift involves manual labor and you will definitely get dirty. Please take care not to over exert or injure yourself.
One of our site coordinators will meet you at the entrance to Sunnyside Community Services at 2:15 pm. In the event that they are not there, please begin the tasks below:
- Retrieve the CSA’s materials from storage – The CSA owns a silver hand truck, plastic tub, and large blue tarp. These items are stored with the empty veggie boxes and other boxes from the previous delivery in the basement of SCS. Ask the security guard or janitor to let you in. Any egg cartons, foam insulation or brown, non-waxy boxes should be left in the storage area.
- Bring the CSA’s materials to the distribution area – Bring the tarp and plastic tub to the 1st floor, go through the double doors opposite the security desk, and continue straight into the common area. Spread the tarp on the floor along the far windows. The boxes will be stacked on the tarp. Occasionally SCS asks us to set up in another location; ask if you need help.
- Load the empty boxes on to the truck – The empty waxed boxes from the previous distribution should already be stacked on the hand truck. Using the elevator, bring these boxes up to the 1st floor, through the main entrance, and to the large white truck which should be waiting just beyond the main entrance to SCS. Please do not load any blue plastic milk boxes on the truck.
- Unload this week’s shares – Unload this week’s shares using the hand truck and stack them up on the tarp in the common room. The driver will provide you with a delivery invoice.
- Sign in –In the Site Log Book, write the date, your name and your shift time.
- Cover the shares – Use the remaining length of tarp to cover the share boxes. Leave out the other CSA materials with the delivery invoice and sign-in sheets on top.
At this point you may take your share; however, you should check yourself off of the sign-in sheet (the site coordinator will have this). If you are splitting a share, leave the half share clearly marked with a label bearing the name of the person who will pick up the remainder.
Thank you for volunteering! We couldn’t do it without you!