2 cups diced peeled butternut squash (about 1/2 small squash)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
1/4 teaspoon salt
Dash of freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups water
2 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
3/4 cup diced onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups steel-cut oats
1 cup dry white wine
3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons butter
4 cups sliced cremini mushrooms (about 1 pound)
1/2 teaspoon salt
Coarsely ground black pepper (optional)
Preheat oven to 400.
1. Combine squash, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon sage, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and dash of pepper in a jelly-roll pan; toss well to coat.
2. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until tender and beginning to brown, stirring every 7 minutes.
3. Set aside; keep warm.
1. Bring 1 1/2 cups water and broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm.
2. Heat a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until golden.
3. Add oats; cook 3 minutes or until oats become fragrant and begin to brown, stirring constantly.
4. Add wine; cook 1 minute or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
5. Stir in 1 cup broth mixture; cook 4 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
6. Add remaining broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 25 minutes).
7. Remove risotto from heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese, 2 teaspoons sage, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
8. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and 1/2 teaspoon salt; sauté 3 minutes or until tender and beginning to brown.
9. Stir in squash; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
10. Spoon about 2/3 cup risotto into each of 6 bowls; top each serving with 1/2 cup mushroom mixture, 2 teaspoons cheese, and coarsely ground pepper, if desired.
Calories: 356 (29% from fat)
Fat: 11.3g (sat 3.9g,mono 4.4g,poly 1.7g)