This quick recipe proves that you can replicate the favorite blue cheese wedge appetizer without consuming watery and tasteless iceberg lettuce.
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons anchovy paste
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 cup crumbled Maytag blue cheese (about 4 ounces)
2 small hearts of romaine, halved lengthwise
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in medium bowl to blend.
2. Whisk in cheese, leaving some whole pieces.
3. Season with salt and generous amount of cracked pepper.
4. Place romaine wedges on plates.
5. Drizzle 1/4 cup dressing over center of each.
6. Top with onion
Yield: 4 servings