Members with subsidized shares have the same benefits, responsibilities, and risks as the general CSA membership. Please read our CSA Details page and become familiar with what Community Shared Agriculture (CSA) is all about.
• The regular cost of a 2017 Summer Vegetable Share is $560, but if you qualify for a subsidized share, your cost is only $270 for a full share or $135 for a half share. The regular cost of a 2017 Summer Fruit Share is $122, but if you qualify for a subsidized share, you pay $60 for a full share or $30 for a half share.
• Subsidized shares do not have to be paid all at once. Installment plans are available.
• You will receive a weekly (full) or biweekly (half) share of produce for the entire CSA summer season. This is a box of organic, freshly picked vegetables delivered to our drop-off site every week between June and November. Each box carries an assortment of vegetables, according to the season. Members can pick up their boxes at SCS Thursdays between 5 and 8pm. Fruit is a bag of minimally processed apples, pears, berries, and other fruits, and usually begins in July.
• You must fulfill the volunteer requirement. This usually means working 4 hours (two shifts) per season at our pickups. Without volunteers, our program cannot run.
• You assume the rewards and risks of the growing season. Some seasons produce more food; other seasons are affected by erratic weather. Our farmers do the best job they can, and we support them no matter what happens.
Guidelines for 2017 will be available before the applications open. Download our complete guidelines 2016 Subsidized share guidelines for sample information. Check out our FAQ or email email@example.com for more information.