We are excited to offer a new volunteer opportunity for the 2012 season! Just Food, our CSA’s umbrella organization, is running workshops to teach CSA members how to conduct cooking demonstrations about local, seasonal eating and cooking; fruit and vegetable identification; and food storage and preparation.
This would be the perfect way to fulfill your 2012 season volunteer requirement if you are a good cook who would like to learn more about local, seasonal eating and how to use the fruits and veggies you receive every week in your CSA share—and are excited about sharing this knowledge with your fellow CSA members.
- You must be able to attend a training session at the Whole Foods at 95 E. Houston Street on either Saturday, June 2 OR Saturday, June 9, 9am to 5pm.
- Sunnyside CSA will cover the training fee; we ask that you cover a $15 materials fee.
- Together with Sunnyside CSA’s volunteer coordinator, you would schedule at least 3 demonstrations of your new skills over the course of the 2012 season, to take place during our Thursday evening pick-ups. If needed, you will be provided with a volunteer assistant during the demonstrations.
- Sunnyside CSA will provide the equipment and food needed for your demonstrations.
- Please download the CSA_Chefs_App_2012, fill out the application and send it to Sunnyside CSA’s volunteer coordinator via email at volunteer [at] sunnysidecsa.com by May 5.
- Please note that your application must be approved by our core group before it is sent to Just Food, so please DO NOT send the application directly to Just Food. It must be received by our volunteer coordinators by May 5 if you wish to be considered.
- Questions? Contact us!